Back to School
We wish all the students in our community an exciting new school year filled with the company of friends and the joy of learning.
Your library is here for you, with research assistance, new books and other resources to help you succeed academically this year. We hope to see you soon!
Our 2014 summer reading program was a great success! From the kick-off with the Valley Cats to the grand finale, we all learned and had fun this summer.
Congratulations to our raffle prize winners:
- • Caroline, our First Tween raffle prize winner.
- • Meghan, our First Teen raffle prize winner. Meghan won a DVD rack and an Ender's Game in book and DVD.
- • Cooper, our Second Tween raffle prize winner.
- • Scott, our Third Tween raffle prize winner. Scott won a Magic School Bus Science Kit and a Magic School Bus Book.
- • Nathan, our Second Teen raffle prize winner. Nathan won two tickets to the Schenectady Planetarium and lunch at Subway.
New Books & DVDs
Mystery...suspense...romance...comedy. Our new books offer all of this and more! Browse our list for new books by your favorite authors, and maybe find a few new favorites. Or check out some new DVDs for this evening's entertainment.
We love to see you at the library, so stop by soon.
Library Resources for the Visually Impaired
Braille books and services for the visually-impaired are available at the Sand Lake Public Library and the Troy Public Library. In addition, the New York State Library has numerous resources for the blind and visually impaired. For more information, including application for services forms, please see: http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/tbbl/
Got a Kindle or the Kindle App for iPad?
The Library Has Digital Media!
Some of us love the look and feel of a hardcover book, while others enjoy the convenience and flexibility of ebooks. Our library now meets your needs regardless of your preference. Click the link below for a tutorial explaining how to borrow digital media online from the library system. It's easy, it's fun and it's available wherever you are, whenever you want to use the library!
Search the System: